Friday, May 10, 2013

Commentary




Reply to Article:
 

               In regards to Jamie's opinion about House Bill 2364,I agree it is a very touchy subject and Jamie does a good job pointing out the arguments that make the bill a tough one. Although I do not see eye to eye on the matter of it not  needing  to be fixed. As a expecting mother in her 26th week I have already personally felt a connection with the life that is growing inside me and I could only see the same for the baby even more so as the developmental process goes on. As far as the argument of the baby feeling pain, I believe it to be a valid argument. If you're not wanting the baby and feel the need to abort it, then you as a mother or a women know before the 20 or 28 week mark. I don't feel that they should be given the 20 weeks in the first place.
               For  women who are considering aborting after the 28th week due to the evidence that there child might suffer from a birth defect, I believe they should have an option. This is where I could see the bill being altered to give a median for people apposing or approving the bill. An option could be that it must be verified by the doctor and both mother and father as well as a possible 3rd party like the hospital or court system. In all I think Jamie picked a great topic and gave the reader a lot to think about and hopefully a reason for following up on the potential new law.

No comments:

Post a Comment